Monday, April 09, 2007

The Best Friday Night

It was the best Friday night ever. My friend Kerrie had talked me into going to wait for her boyfriend, Cody, to come out of the field house. A lot of girls waited at the field house for their boyfriends so it seemed like no big deal. Here I was dressed in my drill team warm-ups with field make-up that could wound the weak eyed. I knew I was really there to see Ernest. We had been talking for a while but I was just now truly interested in this guy. Cody and Ernest were best friends so it was a sure bet they would come out together. It seemed like we waited forever. I have no idea what Kerrie and I talked about to pass the time. I do however remember sitting past all the other girls who had got there earlier than we did. There was one girl in particular that I noticed...Ernest's ex-girlfriend. It was a rumor that she wanted to get back together with him so my heart began to wonder if he would stop and talk to her and if so will he even notice that I am sitting back here (not waiting for him...yea right).

I had never watched someone so intently. There they came. Ernest and Cody were walking towards this large group. They were talking and laughing. It seemed as though they had not a care in the world. Friday nights for football players was just short of heaven. The moment was approaching. He walked right past her as if he didn't even know she was there. I can still feel the smile in my face. Soon enough they reached us and without saying a word Ernest scooped me up over his shoulder and carried me off to the parking lot. In that moment I was chosen. That is a feeling I will remember for the rest of my days. I have no clue what the football score was. I don't remember him putting me down or even talking that night. None of that stuff mattered to me. I was happy and full. That night went down in my memory as one of the best nights ever.

Why? It was because I was chosen and it was done in a big way.

Here's my spin.

You may be sitting cross legged in a field of other girls. They are beautiful, talented, funny, and in your mind more than you could ever be. It may feel like your day to be chosen will never come. Picture yourself there. The love of your life comes out and he is searching for his beloved. He not only stops at you but he scoops you up in his big strong arms and declares you as His very own. The truth is you have already been chosen. The search can be over. Jesus desires to be your one true love. He is waiting in that place wanting to scoop you up and lavish his love on you. He wants to fill your heart with the warmness of forever. His love is true. He sees you and he knows your hurts. Let him come to your rescue. Call out to him. Ask him to scoop you up and ask that you would be able to feel his arms around you. His is a love like no other...nothing can compare. Keep your eyes fixed on him. There he is walking towards you. Do you see him?

He loves you...

He chooses you...


This particular post is originally from my devo blog for girls. This is a snippet of what I shared while in Mississippi and felt lead to now share it with you. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Amanda said...

What a sweet memory! I love this post!

dreamingBIGdreams said...

I love this! What a great reminder to all of us as to who has chosen us!