Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Dust

My heart is flooded with emotion. Tonight at our youth service Ernest preached about how a warrior finds his assignment. We have been going over "war" issues getting our students prepared to invade Abilene with Christ. In one part of the service Ernest used a video by Rod Bell titled dust. In watching this video, I felt like God himself was teaching directly to my heart. If you want to see a clip you can click here.

The dust comes in this way. In bible times when a Talmid (disciple) would follow their Rabbi (teacher) it was said that they would be covered in dust. The dust of their Rabbi. Do you get it? They were following so close to every move that the actual dust from his movement would dispense on them. To follow that close...

Another thought from tonight:
What is the difference between a soldier and a civilian? Right now, at this very moment, there are soldiers fighting in a war for freedom. Right now, at this very moment, I am a civilian relaxing on my couch. In the spiritual war am I a soldier or a civilian? It is scary to step out on to the battle zone. Just like Peter stepped out of the boat we must remove ourselves from the couch put the battle gear on and report for duty.


There is so much that I want to share with you. At this time I cannot. To be honest, I do not even know all of what is about to take place. It is a scary moment. God you are so in control and I am good with that. Amaze me, Lord. I beg to stay close to you. I desire nothing more than to be covered in the dust kicked up by your heels.

Here I am reporting for duty...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I enjoy your blog Debra! And thank you so much for the comment. God is good. He is in control and I trust Him!

Deborah Hooper said...

You are poised on the cliff. Get ready to jump! Serving God is the greatest adventure ever.





http://www.rosebee.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Hello Debra,

Thank you for sharing your profound insights. You've given me much to think about.

May the peace of God be with you and your family always and forever.