Monday, October 16, 2006

what do you need?

this morning we sat at the kitchen table and began to discuss our vision for life, ministry and all else. I will be honest and tell you that it seems to have been a battle lately...the vision. It seemed like the more we roll it out the more things that happen to dampen our joy. I 'know' this is Satan attacking us and yet in the midst of it all there is still sadness and with some frustrations even a bit of hopelessness. We talked about how we are to have joy in the midst of trials and we began to really check ourselves out to see if there is joy evident. Anyways after much talking and much prayer we went on to the demands of the day.

I sat down on the couch with my book and bible in hand in desperate need of a note written straight to me...lo and behold he gave it to me! The devo I read this morning talked about being hopeless and having doubt and even being without joy....wow...it was about all the things we talked about. It talked about how all those things were Satan's tricks when people are stepping out by faith to do something for him. Sometimes even though you know something you just need someone to remind you of it. I really believe that God was here with me and gave me this exact devo to encourage me to run the race with endurance instead of giving in to my doubts.

I wrote this to you for this reason...

What do you need from God?

I needed some encouragement to make it through my day and he gave it to me...he is so faithful to me...he is to you as well.

Go to him!!!! He is there waiting for you. He loves you like no one else ever can!

Hebrews 12 :1
Let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.


Sweet Jesus...I am madly in love with you and yet I long to love you more. Amaze me with you! I want to run with you with great joy and have no doubt...ready me Lord...I beg you. Protect us and bring us close to you. May I honor you in all that I do! //debra//

No comments: