Thursday, November 02, 2006

How a father loves...


Last night we are in the middle of rush hour service when Carly comes to me...she wasn't feeling well so her teacher brought her over to me. She sat cuddled in my lap for the rest of the service listening to her daddy's words. The end came and the band started to play then I felt this precious girl leap out of my lap to run to her daddy. I sat there in complete amazement! I have seen her sit with him a million times but it never seemed so beautiful.

She was so safe! She felt so secure in the arms of her father. She knew that nothing could take her away from him. More than that she knew that he would pick nothing over sitting there with her. He loved her and she loved him. It was beautiful. There is just something between a girl and her daddy.

We talk all the time about the love of our heavenly father. Last night I saw it in a perfect picture. It is just that much. He loves us and we are to love him. He is who can make us feel so secure. If we could only learn this lesson.

Just some thoughts from a mother's heart.

1 comment:

Karina said...

Its amazing I know, Im always in awe watching my husband being a daddy esp to my girls....