Sunday, December 24, 2006

Christmas Eve

It has been a great day! Christmas Eve, the night before the Savior's birth. What things we have to ponder. What was Mary thinking on this night so long ago? What about Joseph and all that he had to endure. Did he have a clue about babies or the knowledge of how to assist in a birth. What strength and peace our God gave them that precious night.

I will never forget the night before my babies were born. In both instances I was having contractions and knew full well what was to come...my baby. The thoughts that consumed my mind were great, small, fearful, and amazing. I had no real idea just how much my life was going to change. I just cannot seem to get Mary out of my mind. It is just something about being a mom that makes you connect with another. Her tender heart who must have loved much. She was chosen among so many. What an amazing woman, the mother of my Savior, Mary.


Tonight the kids opened their presents from us. I posted a slide show with some of the pictures we took. It was a lot of fun. They enjoyed every gift that was given. The best part of the night was listening to them read us the "Christmas Story" out of their own bibles. Oh how I love those two crazy kids.

//debra//

No comments: