Saturday, December 23, 2006

The Holidays

My beautiful wife never thought I would post on here so this is for her. I actually have posted a few times on Myspace but not here. These will just be some general thoughts, nothing too profound. I am just sitting here with my family, 2 nights away from Christmas, enjoying every bit of it. It's cold outside, warm inside...there's a fire in the fireplace, Mary Poppins on the TV, and cookies in the oven. My son and I went shopping for my wife yesterday and today. We had a lot of fun. The stores were busting at the seams, we had to park a mile away from the doors, but it was all worth it. We made a game of keeping mom from finding out what we got her. I even had him convinced that she hid a spy microphone in the truck in order to find out what we got her.

Then today while we were driving he saw a beggar on the side of the road and asked if I had any money to give him. I told him I didn't have anything to which he replied, "Yes you do dad, you have a coat on, a hat, a truck...you actually have a lot so don't say that..." What truth is spoken from the mouths of children sometimes. Most of us have so much without even allowing ourselves to realize it. We focus on what we don't have instead of the things we do.

We're having Christmas here by ourselves instead of going to Houston like every year before. We will miss our family but it will be nice to just spend some quality time with each other for a few days.

Anyways, I am just rambling so I will bring it to a close. Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Yes you do dad, you have a coat on, a hat, a truck...you actually have a lot so don't say that..."

Wow. A kids prospective is so awesome.