Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Taste the Rainbow

Picture It:
A family of four is sitting in the mall food court having some dip and dots ice cream and a few laughs. Here is a peek into our family conversation.

Boy: Eating Rainbow Dip and dots shares a taste with his sister.
Sister: Mmmm...that really does taste like a rainbow! (With much glee)
Mom: (curiously) How do you know what a rainbow tastes like?
Sister: DUH!,Mom. (with a sly smile) Skittles!...You know taste the Rainbow.
All Four: Laughter Erupts

They bring such joy to my heart.


Do you have any cute stories you would like to share? I would love to hear.

3 comments:

Jen said...

I love the things kids come up with!!

A little Drew story. We were driving by Toys R Us last year when Drew yelled out that there was the toys store. I said yes, there was Toys R Us. He asked what I had said so I repeated myself. He then sighed, shook his head and said "Mommy, we aren't toys!" I thought it was cute the way he took the name more literally.

dreamingBIGdreams said...

Funny story this week! (remember my hubby's name is aaron ...)

Me: We have to go run some errands for daddy and then we'll come home for nap.
Big Boy: Okay

after running errands and on our way home ...

Me: It is time to go home now boys and take a nap.
Big Boy: NO! I want to go see aaron daddy.
Me: what?
Big Boy: You said we were going to see aaron daddy.
Me: Oh baby, not aaron but errand with a "d".
Big Boy: No I want to see aaron daddy!

It was not worth explaining the difference between Aaron and errand!

Unknown said...

Thanks Debra for the kind words on my blog. I am new to this so i'm not sure what the protocol is for responding. You are right though about God teaching me to befriend Him...I believe this with all of my heart! A very hard lesson, feels like at times my heart is being ripped in two! I am trying to keep it all in perspective. I know I am blessed. I have MUCH to be grateful for!
Anyway, thanks again!
By the way, I love your new picture... you look stunning!