Friday, April 20, 2007

As Yourself

This is something that I recently wrote in my devo blog. I thought since I haven't been able to post, I would post this. Read and Enjoy.

Matthew 22:37-39

Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.' This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.'


I have read this verse many times yet the other night something struck me afresh. To love God then Love people, that is what we teach. It is right. It is pure. I do believe that is the way to be Jesus to those around us. I know that the love has to come from God because let's just be honest do we really desire to love others. Especially others we don't know or even worse others that we don't like.

Here is where something jumped out as fresh. We are suppose to love our neighbor (others) the way that we love ourselves. Something occurred to me. What if we don't love ourselves? What if that is the biggest struggle in our daily life? It is more than true. If we have yet to love ourselves through the beauty of God's eyes then we cannot love another. We love ourselves when we are secure in the love from our heavenly father. When we learn him and see that what he made it good.

Here is what my brain has been throwing around. If I am secure in the Love of God...If I am secure in the Love of my Father God. Then I am free to love my friend. I can love her unconditionally because I am secure and I do not NEED her love back. I can stop searching for something to complete me. Guess what? It can stop being about me. It is all about My love for God and showing his love to her.

This may be nothing new to you. At this moment it is huge to me. I can dance in the love of my daddy God and be FREE to love. I know that to love others is hard. Do you see love for others evident in your life? I think it is a direct mark on us showing our love for our God.

I don't know about you, I want to love him much. More and more each day.

If you find yourself in the place of little love for yourself. Go to God. Ask him to reveal his love to you. Ask him to make himself huge in your life. Grab a bible, a Christian friend, and or your parent. Reach out. Run to HIM. He wants you to know him. I will go even farther to say, He wants you to see yourself the way that he does. Message me and I will pray for you.

How can we change the world? By giving out his LOVE.

No comments: