Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Eager Anticipation...

I feel somewhat like a little child the night before Christmas. I can remember as a child how the days before Christmas would seem to drag along as the anticipation of that exciting day approached. I could hardly stand it. I would get so excited and so ancy as I counted down the days. I still enjoy Christmas very much but it seems to come much more quickly now and the joy comes not from what I get or what's in it from me but from the joy of my wife and kids and those special moments that make memories.
Lately, however, I have somewhat experienced that childlike eager anticipation as we approach a very exciting and very important time tonight. I have had the privilege of being a part of the Abilene Youth Coalition which is a bunch of youth pastors from different denominations coming together to break down the walls that separate us and hinder us from fully accomplishing what God has for us. It has been a great experience with spiritual renewal. We began what we call Abilene Invasion. It is a plan to reach this generation to Christ. The statistics that represent this generation will jar you to the core. (You can see one of my wife's recent blogs for those or ask me and I will share them with you later)
Tonight we have our first major event called A-I Briefing. We are coming together and calling for all Christian students and concerned adults to come join us. It will be a night of eye opening, of heart breaking, a night that will call us to action. I feel that a spiritual revival is on the horizon and I want to be a part of that. In us, in Abilene, a big part of that starts tonight. All the meetings, all the preparation, all the planning comes to a head tonight. It's finally here! I can't wait to see what our Lord does! That little boy inside of me just wants to run in circles as the excitement builds. Pray for us and I will keep you posted!

To be continued....

No comments: