Monday, January 29, 2007

Letting it go...

Is the feeling sluggish? Or is it in reality Satan?

Last week was a great week. I should have been looking for the enemies attack. Today has been a day of random focus. I should just be honest and say lack of focus. I am bogged down in the details of life. That is where Satan likes to keep me.

This week is set to be busy. Tonight we have the kids practices and Ernest has a meeting at Beltway for AI. I am looking forward to hearing the results of this meeting. (One of the area pastors wanted to get the coalition guys together because he feels he has a word for them.) Tomorrow night is "Becoming". Becoming is a girls ministry I started here in Abilene. Wednesday is Abilene Invasion Briefing, our city wide event. Thursday we have meetings for Fields of Faith and throw in a PTO meeting that afternoon. I have a lot of paperwork that is due this Friday for a PTO program at the kids school. Saturday we have a flag football tournament for our youth scheduled. Sunday we have our services and a super bowl party that afternoon.

My point for writing this...

I do not want to get so busy that my focus moves to the stuff and not on the person. Please keep me in your prayers. Pray for our family, especially our children, that we will be given the grace to love each other through this week. It is a tendency to look past the ones you love the most when you get busy. Pray that God would be huge to us and that we will spend time with him, even when there seems to be no time.

In the midst of this week, I still feel compelled to write and study while the babes are at school. Pray for my mind to focus on what he is leading me to do. I want to follow hard after Him. I love him so much. The desire is his...on most days I do not understand it. No matter, I still want to go there.

This seems so personal to share yet I feel so comfortable in letting it go.


May the words of my mouth and the meditation
of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O Lord,
My Rock and my Redeemer.

No comments: